Thursday 15 August 2013

Artist's Statement

A Collection Of is a documentation in various photographic forms of a week in my lifeline. These are images that I have collected over the course of a week. They include pictures of everyday things seen from a different angle. Each day has its own post with a collection of photographs. Videos of everyday actions are also on the blog, including the start of the timeline - waking up - and washing dishes. The most bland, most normal, unexciting actions, with the camera held in front of my face, making people see my viewpoint, focusing on the same things I normally do.

The pinhole photos are, to me, very symbolic of a timeline as well as new media, because pinhole cameras act like video cameras, in the sense that we leave them running for minutes or hours, and the only thing we get from it is one still image. Everything that happens in the camera's eye is compacted into one singular moment, and so we find that a pinhole picture tells a story of its own, even though some actions go unnoticed, literally giving us a ghost of the actions.

These have all been compiled onto this blog and represent a week of sights, the blog becoming my diary and visual diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment